Legionella Risk Management
Legionella is a form of bacteria found in water droplets and is responsible for Legionnaires’ disease, a potentially fatal form of pneumonia. The disease is contracted through inhalation or aspiration of infected water droplets, not through drinking contaminated water. According to the CDC, the cases of Legionairres’ Disease have increased 450% from 2000-2015. In 2015 ASHRE released Standard 188 which outlines the steps recommended to minimize risk of Legionellosis.Compliance with the new ASHRAE standard likely will be viewed by courts as the standard of care in personal injury lawsuits involving exposure to Legionella.
Cajun Control Systems, LLC utilize these new standards as the benchmark to our Legionella Risk Management Programs. Our purpose is to provide Turn Key solutions for our customers with regards to Legionella Risk Management for their water systems.
WHERE DO YOU NEED TO MINIMIZE RISK?
Legionella is commonly found in man-made water systems including:
- Cooling towers and evaporative condensers
- Hot and cold potable water systems
- Whirlpool spas
- Ornamental Fountains
- Air Washers
Businesses need to control these risks areas according to the standards set forth by ASHRE and other governing agencies and professional societies. To prevent exposure to the legionella bacteria, businesses must properly manage, maintain and treat the water systems in their premises. To help minimize legal risks, business need to maintain documentation of records of the risk assessment, maintenance program and any testing carried out to be recorded in writing and maintained for audit purposes.
OUR COMPREHENSIVE PROGRAM OFFERINGS
Complete Water Management Program
- 6-Step Water Management Program – ASHRE Standard 188 Recommended
- Third-party cloud based Water Management Program assistance
- Legionella Testing and Training services support
Cooling Tower Cleaning and Sanitization
- On-Line Robotic Cooling Tower Basin Cleaning – Removes sludge that harbor Legionella
- Cooling Tower Fill Cleaning – Removes foulants that harbor Legionella
- TowerCleanse 2000® – Cleans & Sanitizes tower for semi-annual disinfection and to quickly recover from elevated Legionella counts.
Automation & Monitoring
- State-of-the-art analyzers to accurately control and log biocide levels
- Web-based monitoring and program management available for computers, tablets, or smart phones
- 24/7 Alarm notification to help maintain compliance and respond quickly
Comprehensive and Green Chemistry
- Complete line of leading-edge scale and corrosion inhibitors designed to keep systems clean and free from conditions that can promote growth
- Advanced microbiocides that are designed to help mitigate Legionella growth
- Revolutionary solids treatment chemistry that eliminates handling and exposure of heavy liquid products
©2018 Cajun Control Systems, LLC.